Thursday, December 12, 2013

Anxiety and Peace

Anxiety is feelings of unfocused worry and fear. It is often an overreaction to a situation that is neither as real or harmful as perceived. Anxiety is an obstacle to peace.

God Says

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. -1 Peter 5:7



Something to Think About

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength. Peace is an opposite of anxiety. It is God’s gift of having confidence in our future. 

Individual or Family Activity

Think about some things that make you anxious. Which of these fears are real? Which probably are not real? Which of these can you do anything about? Which one can you do nothing about? Explore how less anxiety would restore peace to your life.

Individual or Family Prayer

Anxiety. The world gives and I receive.
Anxiety is part of my life. 

I worry how others perceive me. 
I worry about my future.
I worry about life.
I worry about death.

I pray tomorrow’s clouds don’t cover today’s sunshine.
I pray for faith to understand and experience that You are bigger than my fears.

Help me obey your command not to be afraid. Help me trust in You.
Bless me with peace.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment